Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lori's First Project


One of my creative staff members, Lori, was excited to share her project using Annie Sloan Chalk Paints.  Below is her blog on her weekend project.  I plan on sharing all of our work, both in the store and the things we do on our own.  This paint has taken my staff and myself to new creative levels!!!!!!  ENJOY!   Robyn


So, I've had the opportunity to work with the FABULOUS Annie Sloan Chalk Paints at the store and during our work-shops but........I've been dying to get my hands on this paint for my personal projects.  Finally, we have a wonderful stock of all colors and waxes and I had to have some!!!  My wonderful husband said that I could do anything I wanted all weekend, after all, it was Mother's Day.  So we went out antiquing and I found the mother-load.  We stopped at Robyn Story Designs on our way home and I picked up my supply of colors and waxes and rushed home to get busy.  I am excited to share my success with everyone.  Above is the 'before'.  At one time it was a lovely mahogany but it had a lot of damage to the finish and needed to be re-done.
Above is the picture of it after I applied Annie Sloan Arles as the base coat, Olive as a top coat and then I distressed it along the detail.  I wanted the Arles and the original wood to show through.  Here's a close-up

Then......VOILA!!!!!!!!!!!  The finished product.  After I distressed it I applied the dark wax, one layer at a time until I reached my desired depth of color.

It looks absolutely amazing and I had so much fun on my little Mother's Day weekend.  If only all weekends were Mother's Day....I wonder if my husband will be so kind as to humor me again this coming weekend.....  Believe me, I am addicted to this.  Stop by the store, we'll be working on projects on a regular basis!  I'm sure I'll be posting my next project.  Hope to see you at the store soon!  Lori

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the finish on this table. At first I wasn't sure why you would cover up mahogany but seeing the final result said it all! I've been reading about chalk paint and will stop in to see everything you've done. Great Job Lori, I look forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori! I just bumped into this post. Great job, love the color! I called the shop and spoke to you the other day about sample pots and also about the different shades of green. The Olive is gorgeous!! I thought it might be too dark, however I love how your table turned out!! JoAnn

    ReplyDelete